Yoga is a collection of physical, mental and spiritual practices originating from ancient India. In Western culture – Yoga is often considered a form of exercise, consisting largely of the postures called asanas. It has slowly gained popularity and developed into posture-based physical fitness, stress-relief and relaxation technique. Yet still it maintains a meditative and spiritual core. The effects of yoga on physical and mental health have been a popular subject to studies in the west, with evidence that regular yoga practice yields benefits for low back pain and stress.
Hot Yoga is a modern form of yoga performed under warm conditions resulting in the bodies natural effect of perspiration. In the west it has become popular as an attempt to recreate the benefits of practicing yoga in warm climates where the body undergoes a gentle detoxification through sweat. In these applications, the muscles of the body have the opportunity to relax, and warm up more easily offering its students the ability for a deeper stretch.
*Some contra-dictions have been noted as exercising in high heat and humidity is not advised for pregnant women due to over-exhaustion, muscle injury or tissue damage. Hormones and fetal development affect blood pressure, making the mother more susceptible to fainting and light-headedness if exercising in a hot environment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ALL MEMBERSHIPS
- Please be mindful that some memberships require a specified commitment term.
- Memberships are billed monthly starting after your first visit.
- After membership contracts expire, membership fees will not continue month to month.
- All memberships include 10% off merchandise, access to workshops, and full access to hot and regular yoga classes.
- Please take note of our suspension policy: Each member is allowed 2 free suspensions in a 12 month period. Each suspension is a minimum of 14 days, maximum of 2 months. We reserve the right to a $20 pause charge for every suspension after the first 2 have been applied.
- $10 no-show fee will be charged for any class you pre-register for but do not attend. Please notify us if you can’t make it, there may be others who are trying to get into that class!
- Medical suspensions: no charge but require a note and clearance to come back.
- Memberships are not transferable or shareable.
- Students = full time secondary or post-Secondary | Senior = 60+
- Our passes and memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.