Emphysema is generally considered under the umbrella of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). When someone has this disease, it gradually damages the air sacs or alveoli in the lungs. Smoking is thought to be the main cause of Emphysema, but you may have the disease for many years before you develop symptoms. Once the air sacs rupture, and deflate, a person may have trouble breathing. There isn’t any way to cure Emphysema once you have it, or reverse the damage but you can find ways to help alleviate the symptoms. This disease is characterized by increasing breathlessness.
Halotherapy or salt therapy is thought to help to open the damaged air passages allowing the person with Emphysema to be able to breath a little easier whether symptoms are severe or just the first stages of the disease. If you have Emphysema and are still smoking, the absolute best thing you can do for your health is to quit smoking. Develop a plan of attack on quitting smoking whether it involves the patch, nicotine gum, therapy, or a smoking cessation program.
With salt therapy or halotherapy, the salt can be breathed into the lungs, bringing with it the long-recognized attributes of salt. Anecdotal stories and testimonials note that some persons with Emphysema may see multiple benefits.
Benefits of Salt Cave with Emphysema
- Reduction in the need for inhalers, steroids and antibiotics
- Breathing is easier after just a few sessions
- Improved lung function
- Reduction in the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviates sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clears mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increases the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthens the immune system
- Prolonged remission times